DIY | Bookmark Monster


Now that I am finished with school I enjoy reading so much more. I think the pressure of reading multiple books at once, analyzing every sentence, and that daunting essay that is expected at the end of every book has always made me associate reading as a chore. Being able to choose the book you want to read and the pace at which you read has made reading one of my new hobbies. The best part...finding (or making) cute and unique bookmarks. When I saw these little guys on Pinterest I had to make them. They are super quick n' easy to make and the posibilities are endless!

What You'll Need:
-Colorful Paper
-Scissors
-Glue Stick
-Ruler
-Any other decorations you want to add. Be creative! 

1. To make a template, draw 3 squares that measure 2 inches X 2 inches in an "L" shape.
2. Draw a diagonal line across the upper and lower squares and shade the now triangles out.
3. Cut out the template that is not scribbled out. It should look like a square with two triangle "horns" attached to it.


4. Use the template to cut out the shape on the colorful paper of your choice.
5. Glue another square of colored paper to the inside of your first shape.
6. Fold over the triangle "horns" and glue them in place.

Finish it off with eyes and teeth (or a uni-brow) and you are done! 

16 comments:

  1. So adorable! And I think I might be able to follow these instructions! Love it!

    Karen
    Unpack the Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it out! It is super simple and the final product looks pretty impressive :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE this! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute! these are adorable :)

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bookmarks are so cute! I made these a couple years ago for my friends kids and younger cousins. Anything to make reading more fun!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's like an accessory for your books :)

      Delete
  5. This is so cute!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These bookmarks are really cute and unique!
    Stopping by from the "I Love My Post Weekend Hop". Now following you on Bloglovin and GFC. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.
    Have a great weekend!|
    Bismah @
    Simple Mama

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHahha omg these are so awesome!!! :D
    I agree with you; it is much more pleasant to read when it is something you want to do, and not just something you need to do.
    I found your blog on the blog hop, and am now following! :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just followed you. You have some great nail art :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!! :D

      Delete
  8. Awww this is a great idea, love it!!x

    ReplyDelete