DIY | Tea Tree Face Mask


My skin is far from perfect. In the quest to find my perfect skin regimen for my acne prone skin I have been trying a lot of natural home remedies, trying to keep things as natural and minimal as possible. Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial. This simple DIY tea tree face mask is perfect for acne prone skin. It can help dry existing acne while eliminating bacteria that can cause future breakouts.

Ingredients:


  • 1 table spoon of honey -for it's antibacterial and antioxidant properties
  • 1 table spoon of baking soda -for its exfoliating properties
  • 2 table spoon of water 
  • 4 to 6 drops of Tea Tree Oil -to lessen inflammation and dry up acne

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Apply an even layer to face and leave it on for about 20 minutes or until mixture looks dry. Lastly, rinse off with warm water.



12 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great mask. I think I'll give it a try!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know how you like it :)

      Delete
  2. this sounds great, i love how few ingredients are in it too


    following :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! And thanks for following :)

      Delete
  3. very nice!

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I have never made my own face masks before x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first one I've made. It is super simple :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds good, especially the fact it helps with acne, just what I need

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help! I would love to check your blog out :)

      Delete
  6. I love natural homemade skincare remedies! Especially when they work :) This looks like something I'll be trying soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used baking soda on my face many times, but I've never mixed anything else in with it. Great diy!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete