Review | Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream

As I am approaching my mid-twenties, I am becoming more aware of how important good skincare As I am approaching my mid-twenties, I am becoming more aware of how important good skincare products can benefit your skin in the long term. I use SPF religiously to prevent premature aging, but I'm starting to dabble in eye creams, night creams, serums, etc. I'm told that I already look quite young, 17 is the consensus among strangers, but I want to maintain my youthful appearance.products can benefit your skin in the long term. I use SPF religiously to prevent premature aging, but I'm starting to dabble in eye creams, night creams, serums, etc. I'm told that I already look quite young, 17 is the consensus among strangers, but I want to maintain my youthful appearance.


I am new to the night cream game, so I decided to try one in a well-loved brand (I love the Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer). The Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream claims to reduce the appearance of fine lines, improves skin tone and texture, and reduce skin dullness. It has a thin consistency that is very lightweight and is also heavily scented.

Unfortunately, I did not love the night cream as much as I love the daily moisturizer. The scent was very overpowering and perfume-y, not a calming scent to smell before bed. After I applied the cream, my skin would sting for a few minutes, which I'm use to for acne medications, but not what I'm looking for in a night cream. I woke up with dry patches of skin and didn't notice a more even skin tone or texture.

The Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream did not work with my sensitive skin. At a $16 price point, there are many other night creams at the drugstore that are hopefully more effective. So, the hunt continues...

2 comments:

  1. i love aveeno's moisturizers! one that i would love to splurge on is La Mer, but the price is ridiculous. I also like lancome as a somewhat well-priced splurge. the hunt can be fun..best of luck to you!

    now following your blog, xo!
    bloganticipation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just bought the Burt's Bees night cream so I'm excited to try it out.

      And thanks for following :)

      Delete