Bold & Bright Lips For Summer


My lip color of choice year-round tends to be... chapstick. I know it's extremely boring, but I can never bother with the upkeep of wearing a bold lip. In the summer months, I feel compelled to wear a brighter and bolder lip, since the rest of my makeup is pretty minimal (nobody has time for a full face of makeup when it is 85% humidity outside). There are so many great balms and stains on the market that are easy to wear while still giving that bright color payoff that is low maintenance. Here are a few of my favorite lip products for a bold & bright summer lip.



Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Pink Pop: Any color from the Vivids line would be perfect for a bold summer lip. The formula is super creamy and easy to work with and they have a beautiful range of colors. Pink Pop is a beautiful cool tone pink that would be flattering on many skin tones. Did I mention that these also smell good enough to eat?

Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition: I LOVE the texture and consistency on the Color Whispers. It is light and moisturizing on the lips, perfect when you are looking for fuss-free make-up in the summer. The color is build-able so you have control over how vibrant you want it to look. I am a sucker for a coral lip and Coral Ambition doesn't disappoint.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Stain in Unapologetic: These stains are the perfect in-your-face bold lip product for summer. These are more of a satin finish than a true matte, because they are not drying. The stain feature makes it perfectly low maintenance and fuss-free (notice a trend in my lip product requirements). Unapologetic is a perfect bright berry pink color that can polish off your makeup look.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Coralberry: These Revlon lipsticks are my favorite classic lipstick formula. They are creamy, pigmented, and come in a wide range of colors. Coralberry is a classic orange-coral that looks great with a summer glow.





1 comment: