Winter Skincare




Hydrate & exfoliate is the name of the game when it comes to winter skincare. This time of year can be pretty harsh on my skin. My normally oily combination skin has taken a turn for the dry side. These products have my been go-tos this winter to hydrate.
Cleanse 
I generally don't change up my cleanser too often. I try to stick to something gentle and natural and let all the creams do their job. My staple has been the Trader Joe's Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil. I love that is has tea tree oil to help combat acne, but it is not too harsh on the skin. Perfect for all year round.

Exfoliate 
It is important to schlep off all that dry skin to even out skin texture and for the moisturizer to penetrate the skin more effectively. I use my Clarisonic about once a week to get a good exfoliate.

Hydrate 
I make sure to keep my face moisturized throughout the day. I use the Body Shop's Aloe Soothing Moisture Lotion with SPF 15. I also use a daytime moisturizer with SPF because the sun's rays still exist through the clouds and I plan on looking 20-something forever, so I have to do what I can to make it happen. It is the perfect light weight moisturizer that melts right into your skin but isn't isn't greasy. At night, I tend to go for something a bit heavier to get deep hydration. I have been loving the Cerave Moisturizing Cream. It is a nice thick lotion that doesn't feel heavy on the skin. In the morning, my skin feels ultra smooth and like new. Going back to wanting to look 20-something forever, I make sure to use my the Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream. It is the perfect lightweight moisturizer that gives just enough hydration to the under eye area.

What are your go-to winter skincare products?!


Thanks for reading!
xo Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment