DIY | Marbled Clay Jewelry Dish


Looking for a great last minute 'Galentine's Day' gift for your besties -or a well deserved gift to yourself? Well, I've got you covered. I stumbled across a few tutorials for these beautiful marbled clay jewelry dishes online and had to make them for myself. They are perfect as a catch all to keep your jewelry in one place (I have one near the sink and the other on my nightstand). I followed this tutorial from A Beautiful Mess. It was super simple and affordable to make and will make the perfect gift! 

A Few Tips:
1. The majority of the clay should be white for the best marbling effect.
2. Definitely use the glaze to finish the dish. It makes a world of difference in making your work look polished and not look a pre-school project.
3. Use a small enough bowl. All my bowls were a bit wide and didn't give the shape I was going for during the molding process.

Thanks for reading!
xo Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment